10 Bing Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Tips

Started by bebo96, November 08, 2010, 09:56:12 AM

bebo96

As Bing continues to develop and grow, more and more webmasters would want to know how they can improve their site rankings on Bing. Here are some Search Engine Optimization (SEO) tips to increase your website's ranking on Bing:

Bing SEO Tip 1: Web Page Title
It is very important that your page title contains the key words that would summarize the contents of your page

Bing SEO Tip 2: Your Web Domain Age
Bing favors websites with older domains. Essentially, the earlier you register/create your domain, the better Bing will rank you website. So if you are looking into developing a new website, it would be best to purchase or use an older domain.

Bing SEO Tip 3: The right amount of Text
Bing appears to give pages with 300 – 500 words with higher rankings. Unlike Google, Yahoo, or Cuil, Bing seems to focus more on the relevance of the page title to the contents on the page.

Bing SEO Tip 4: A lot of quality links
It is important to build as many back links to your website as possible. However, a good link is sometimes better than 100 regular links and a bad link will actually lower your rankings. So be sure that the links to your page are strongly related to your contents.

Bing SEO Tip 5: Static Links are better
Is best to keep all your URLs static and simple. A static URL is easier to bookmark and easier to index.

Bing SEO Tip 6: Linking to other web pages
In contrast to Google, Bing does not penalize your page rankings if you create a link to a page outside of your website. However, since Google does penalize your rankings, it would be best to limit the amount of external links for the optimal result.

You can still have external links while not leaking your page's link juice or be penalized. All you have to do is to add rel="nofollow" in all your link tags.

EX: ?a href="samplelink.html" rel="nofollow" >

Bing SEO Tip 7: Be friendly to the web crawlers
Be sure to have a "robots.txt" file in your main directory that allows the MSNBot to crawl your site. You should also prevent web crawlers from crawling specific files and folders.

Bing SEO Tip 8: Organized HTML coding style
Bing likes web pages that are designed and coded according to W3C (World Wide Web Consortium) standards. This means that you should design web pages with well-formed HTML tags & codes, be sure that your page does no have any unclosed tags or broken links. You can use the W3C validation service

HTML Code:
validator.w3.org/

to test your page.

Bing SEO Tip 9: Update your pages
If a page from your website is removed or changed to a different URL location, then you need to redirect your visitors to a new web page.

Bing SEO Tip 10: Protect your users
Your web site should not lead visitors to unwanted malware or third-party websites that contain malicious contents or contents that are unrelated to your page.

Webhelpforums

Some good recommendations Bebo96! Thanks for posting :)
TechSEO360 | MicrosysTools.com  | A1 Sitemap Generator, A1 Website Analyzer etc.

megajohn

juliataylor00

Thanks i think this will help me. i will try these tactics. :)

JacobH

The quantity and quality of inbound links are two of the many metrics used by a search engine ranking algorithm to rank a website. Link bait creation falls under the task of link building, and aims to increase the quantity of high-quality, relevant links to a website. Part of successful linkbaiting is devising a mini-PR campaign around the release of a link bait article so that bloggers and social media users are made aware and can help promote the piece in tandem.

John23

Could you know which is the keyword research tool for bing?I am using google keyword tool for google.But I want to optimize my site for Bing.

I hope any one of you help me to search this tool.

Quote from: bebo96 on November 08, 2010, 09:56:12 AM
As Bing continues to develop and grow, more and more webmasters would want to know how they can improve their site rankings on Bing. Here are some Search Engine Optimization (SEO) tips to increase your website's ranking on Bing:

Bing SEO Tip 1: Web Page Title
It is very important that your page title contains the key words that would summarize the contents of your page

Bing SEO Tip 2: Your Web Domain Age
Bing favors websites with older domains. Essentially, the earlier you register/create your domain, the better Bing will rank you website. So if you are looking into developing a new website, it would be best to purchase or use an older domain.

Bing SEO Tip 3: The right amount of Text
Bing appears to give pages with 300 – 500 words with higher rankings. Unlike Google, Yahoo, or Cuil, Bing seems to focus more on the relevance of the page title to the contents on the page.

Bing SEO Tip 4: A lot of quality links
It is important to build as many back links to your website as possible. However, a good link is sometimes better than 100 regular links and a bad link will actually lower your rankings. So be sure that the links to your page are strongly related to your contents.

Bing SEO Tip 5: Static Links are better
Is best to keep all your URLs static and simple. A static URL is easier to bookmark and easier to index.

Bing SEO Tip 6: Linking to other web pages
In contrast to Google, Bing does not penalize your page rankings if you create a link to a page outside of your website. However, since Google does penalize your rankings, it would be best to limit the amount of external links for the optimal result.

You can still have external links while not leaking your page's link juice or be penalized. All you have to do is to add rel="nofollow" in all your link tags.

EX: ?a href="samplelink.html" rel="nofollow" >

Bing SEO Tip 7: Be friendly to the web crawlers
Be sure to have a "robots.txt" file in your main directory that allows the MSNBot to crawl your site. You should also prevent web crawlers from crawling specific files and folders.

Bing SEO Tip 8: Organized HTML coding style
Bing likes web pages that are designed and coded according to W3C (World Wide Web Consortium) standards. This means that you should design web pages with well-formed HTML tags & codes, be sure that your page does no have any unclosed tags or broken links. You can use the W3C validation service

HTML Code:
validator.w3.org/

to test your page.

Bing SEO Tip 9: Update your pages
If a page from your website is removed or changed to a different URL location, then you need to redirect your visitors to a new web page.

Bing SEO Tip 10: Protect your users
Your web site should not lead visitors to unwanted malware or third-party websites that contain malicious contents or contents that are unrelated to your page.

SEOArbiter

Getting ranked for Bing is pretty much the same as getting ranked for Google. Focus on your content and your daily links. Together, both will get you ranked higher in the search engines.
SEOArbiter.com Is A Leading SEO Company!Providing SEO Services.  Simply TheBest SEO Company!

john.vanis5

A second most targeted search engine is Bing. It is getting popular day by day and traffic is generated from Bing. Thanks for sharing a great tips!
Keep Posting.

creaigdenn

That is fantastic information and these tips are such amazing for Bing. Yes, this is right that after Google, Bing is second most powerful search engine and many SEO targeting Bing SEO.

addiadem

Here are the 10 Bing search engine optimization tips and the are Age of your website, Static Links are better, Title of Your Web Page, Content on Your Web Page, Backlinks towards your website, Robots.txt File, Web Page Title, Updating the Web Page and Linking to other web pages.

SEO Professionals

Bing is powered by Microsoft and is quickly gaining customers as people start to backlash against Google being too powerful. Bing is especially good at picture search, where Google have a hard time to compete.

Alis

Thanks for sharing SEO tips for Bing they are very useful.

gerrypeter

At present time, Google still has an edge over Yahoo and Bing in the accuracy war. If I were to SEO a site, I wouldn't care much about what the rankings are at Bing. The only way out – more or less skillfully follow these algorithms, and expect to get a particular result.

selena_aaric

Its a nice tips.. but i used google search engine but its nice..

Quality Web Design

Thanks bebo96 for sharing such an informative matter with us,  it will very helpful for me...... Thanks ones again.....   :)  :)

elantechnologies

Good seo tips for Bing. Mostly i use Google but i will check my ranking in Bing and follow these tips.

williamcarnos

These are the important bing search engine optimization tips.
1. The right amount of Text
2. A lot of quality links
3. Static Links are better
4. Linking to other web pages.

davidjack12

The quantity and quality of inbound links are two of the many metrics used by a search engine ranking algorithm to rank a website. Link bait creation falls under the task of link building, and aims to increase the quantity of high-quality, relevant links to a website. Part of successful linkbaiting is devising a mini-PR campaign around the release of a link bait article so that bloggers and social media users are made aware and can help promote the piece in tandem.

adrionlopez

I think it should be like this. Bing is powered by Microsoft and is quickly gaining customers as people start to backlash against Google being too powerful.  So it will be done the same way which is done on Google.
xyz

Black Ninja

openxcell

Best tips you shared here because most of people read and talk about only one biggest search engine Google and here you had sharing tips about another best search engine. Thanks for sharing this great information with us.

kevinhopes

The quantity and quality of inbound links are two of the many metrics used by a search engine ranking algorithm to rank a website. Link bait creation falls under the task of link building, and aims to increase the quantity of high-quality, relevant links to a website.

michaelfranklin

I would like to add one more tip i.e. to get quality inbound link you must do social bookmarking and article submission.These methods are effective and it will help to improve the page rank of your website.

alisagarner

Thanks for tips, I generally promote site for google and it has been good result, but in Bing I don't see my site even in top 100.

Nichole Green

Thanks For sharing these important tips.... These tips will definitely going to help us a lot....

kevinpeter58

r4

bryanpollard

r4

petergerry25

donaldkevin

jack.seo08

Very nice posts shared by all the members. Thanks for sharing these nice posts. Can anyone let me know that which is the best keyword  tool for bing? I am using search insight for but google but don't know about bing tool.
Also let me know that is there anything like google analytics for bing??

Jessicad

Excellent tips. Thanks for the valuable information.

lincy

Jax

I have always tried finding ways to rank good of bing but mostly didn't manage to get good rankings and traffic. With this tips I will try to follow and see if I will manage to get anywhere. Thanks for sharing.

radhamadhavmarble

Claim and list your business on Bing Places. 
Improve SEO with Bing Webmaster Tools URL indexing. 
Pay special attention to Bing's on-page SEO. 
Maintain a true online social media presence. 
Consistently produce great content.

PoojaaNarula

Focus on quality content: Provide valuable, relevant, and original content that matches user intent.
Optimize meta tags: Use relevant keywords in title tags, meta descriptions, and headers.
Mobile optimization: Ensure your website is mobile-friendly for better rankings.
Improve page speed: Optimize your site's loading time for a better user experience.
Use descriptive URLs: Include keywords in your URL structure to improve visibility.
Build high-quality backlinks: Earn links from reputable and relevant websites to boost your site's authority.
Optimize for local search: Claim your Bing Places for Business listing and optimize it with accurate information.
Utilize social signals: Engage with your audience on social media platforms to increase brand visibility.
Monitor site performance: Use Bing Webmaster Tools to track site performance and identify areas for improvement.
Stay updated: Keep abreast of Bing's algorithm updates and adjust your SEO strategies accordingly.

rahul verma

Think about user engagement.
Increase the click-through rate on the page after it appears in the results.
Use Bing's Connected Pages feature.
Use backlinks.
Invest in anchor texts.
Use a keyword on the website domain.
Produce original content.
Be relevant on social media.

More About Our Webmaster Tools for Windows and Mac

HTML, image, video and hreflang XML sitemap generatorA1 Sitemap Generator

website analysis spider tool for technical SEOA1 Website Analyzer

SEO tools for managing keywords and keyword listsA1 Keyword Research

complete website copier toolA1 Website Download

create custom website search enginesA1 Website Search Engine