Sitemap generator introduction and features

Started by Webhelpforums, November 01, 2011, 01:53:12 PM

Webhelpforums

Want to use XML sitemaps to help search engines find and index your pages faster? Or ensure you push link juice to all your internal pages through using a HTML sitemap? Or maybe a HTML/CSS sitemap that uses your website layout and helps your human visitors navigate your site?

To get started creating sitemaps using A1 Sitemap Generator, just enter your domain address and hit the "Start scan" button:

After the website crawl finishes, you will see website analysis data like this:

Note that the default configuration will ensure URLs excluded in "robots.txt" or marked "noindex" are removed from the website scan results. URLs that reference other through "canonical" are shown, but not included in finished sitemaps.

You can create most kinds of Google related sitemaps including:

• XML Sitemaps (also understood by Bing etc.)
  • Google image sitemaps
  • Google video sitemaps
  • Google mobile sitemaps
  • Google news sitemaps
  • More...

Create fully customizable visual sitemaps using HTML/CSS:

And many other sitemap file types:

• RSS sitemap feeds
  • ROR sitemap feeds
  • URL list text files
  • More...

For more information on getting started, you can check our sitemap tutorials which step-by-step show how to best create sitemaps of all types for your websites.

It is worth noting that while A1 Sitemap Generator is packed with features and options to match any need, most users will not need to use anything beyond the default settings, sitemap tutorials and "Quick presets..." website scan configurations.

You can choose between the following sitemap generator editions:

• "Pro" priced at $69 USD - includes all the features described here
  • "Standard" priced at $49 USD - has some limitations
For details, see the comparison matrix at the sitemap generator product page.

The license is "per-user" meaning you can create sitemaps for all your websites. There is no monthly or per-website cost.

Your purchase of version 4.x includes future 4.x updates. (Just download and install as new releases are made available.) You also get one year of free upgrades meaning if version 5.0 is released within one year of your 4.x purchase, you will be eligible to get version 5.x for free.

Already a customer of an earlier version? Click the "upgrade" link on the product page to retrieve either free or discounted upgrades.

Want to download and try A1 Sitemap Generator before buying? That is why we have a 30 days free trial (!)

And remember: If you encounter any problems, you can always ask for help. Many problems are instantly solvable.

(Support requests often come down to people using noindex/nofollow on all pages or similar issues.)

A1 Sitemap Generator is a Windows program. If you use Mac or Linux, try a virtualization solution such as Parallels or WINE.

Ready to order? Click this direct link to buy now. Credit cards, PayPal and other payment methods are all accepted.

Please allow a few hours for the registration email to reach your email inbox. The majority receive their license within 2-3 hours, the rest within 10-12 hours at worst. If you do not see it, please check your email spam and junk folders, verify you entered the correct email address during ordering, and verify your email address does not bounce!

(And yes, we have a 30 days refund guarantee.)

Did I mention, we are vigilant about support? Be sure to email us if you have any questions :)
TechSEO360 | MicrosysTools.com  | A1 Sitemap Generator, A1 Website Analyzer etc.

ballychohanballychohan

Thanks For this information I thank full to you .

anandiphone

Is any site can have one sitemap.xml and one sitemap.html files.

Parlot

I had been wondering how to create a site map for awhile. This should help, because for awhile I thought I might have to do it the "hard way." That is, I thought I would have to do it by hand.

mikeslough5

Thanks for this helpful info. but one of u expert share some video that was awesome. 
<b><a href="http://www.elysianrealestate.com/buy/commercial.aspx">Dubai offices</a></b> | <b><a href="http://www.elysianrealestate.com/uae/dubai/uae-property.aspx
">UAE real estate</a></b> |

emmawatson1985

gud information,i think its helpful for sitemap. 8)

kiranshah

If website is having a 1 lakh pages than any solutions for that ?

Webhelpforums

100 000 pages (and more) should not be a problem at all using A1 Sitemap Generator :)

TechSEO360 | MicrosysTools.com  | A1 Sitemap Generator, A1 Website Analyzer etc.

lionspaw

I make a number of niche blogs.

Can I make a control blog and add, for example, 4 different sitemaps, like-xml; images; videos; news-and then "duplicate the control blog each time", and quickly change the url's and stuff like that each time, instead of creating each website one-by one and adding each sitemap again-and-again?

Webhelpforums

Are you say you have 4 exact same blogs? If so, yes, you can override the root address when creating sitemaps. (This feature was original made so people could scan localhost instead of their online website.)

See:
http://www.microsystools.com/products/sitemap-generator/help/xml-sitemap-generator-localhost/

If I misunderstood you, let me know!

lionspaw

Thank you for your response.

And i think you may already have answered my question, but still, just to make sure, let me ask the question again using other words.

Let's say I build one website and add the sitemap generator to it.

Let's call that website: Website A

Can I duplicate Website A four times (Websites b;c;d and e) and then quickly reconfigure the sitemap inside each one?

Or must I upload a sitemap separately for each of those four websites?

Thanks,

Webhelpforums

A1 Sitemap Generator create sitemaps, and, yes, you can duplicate the generated XML sitemaps :)

Simply override the root URL used when building the sitemaps. Refer to help documentation link I posted earlier :)

(Alternatively, you could simply run a text search-replace yourself in a text editor when you want to use website A sitemap.xml for website B.)

I hope this solves your question. Remember you can download a trial of A1 Sitemap Generator and then write again if you have specific problems! (e.g. if you can't get something working)

manojseoexpert

very good A1 Sitemap generator tool for SEO

luxazan

I have been using the same method but there is a question. what if many of your links are generated by website users. how are we supposed to update the map?

generalboxel

All the softwares and websites I find online have limit to generate sitemap. some have 500 link limit and some more. Also, I do not know if the PRIORITY section is still on or obsolete.

Webhelpforums

Quote from: luxazan on June 07, 2017, 02:06:39 PM
I have been using the same method but there is a question. what if many of your links are generated by website users. how are we supposed to update the map?

Automate the sitemap crawl, build, upload and ping process to run once every night or similar:
https://www.microsystools.com/products/sitemap-generator/help/automate-sitemap-build-upload/

Webhelpforums

Quote from: generalboxel on June 07, 2017, 02:58:27 PM
I do not know if the PRIORITY section is still on or obsolete.

About priority values in XML sitemaps see these articles:

A1 Sitemap Generator calculates priority values based on internal linking. We suspect Google uses priority values to help prioritize which URLs get crawled first

Webhelpforums

Quote from: AltiusHospital on February 28, 2018, 07:27:11 AM
Thanks For Your Response..
If i submit sitemap to google webmaster then after some day when my links increase do I need to resubmit sitemap?

You do not need to submit it again - but do update it. Google will pick it up automatically.

Webhelpforums

I would include all internal pages you want indexed. It can help speed up indexation. But it depends on your website how large a benefit it is.

There are also other thing to consider such as: Image sitemaps, video sitemaps, hreflang xml sitemaps, giving priority in XML sitemaps to your important content pages, letting Google know which pages recently changed/added etc.

More About Our Webmaster Tools for Windows and Mac

HTML, image, video and hreflang XML sitemap generatorA1 Sitemap Generator

website analysis spider tool for technical SEOA1 Website Analyzer

SEO tools for managing keywords and keyword listsA1 Keyword Research

complete website copier toolA1 Website Download

create custom website search enginesA1 Website Search Engine

scrape data into CSV, SQL and databasesA1 Website Scraper