Responsive web design

Started by annakieu541, June 12, 2018, 10:19:40 AM

annakieu541

Hello,

First - set the stage - I am not a web designer. Looking for some direction on how to work with my current designer.

Website is done and we're happy with it. One issue that's lingering though.

When I view the site on my laptop, images are sized correctly. I can change the size of my window and all resizes as it should. Designer and developer both sent me screen shots where they see images resizing according to their monitor size. Problems arise when we're viewing the site via a large monitor that is connected to a laptop via a docking station or HDMI cable. The images are not resizing and are really zoomed in. I've tested it on several computers at our company. We're all coming with the same results. Looks great on laptop, ridiculous when docked. If we test the same way with other website, they respond as they should regardless of what we're viewing it from. 90% of our target audience uses a docking station or HDMI connect so it has to be resolved.

Any direction on why this is? I am hearing from developer that I need to reach out to our IT department (that's me). But I am seeing this as a developer problem since we've tested with other website and are not having the issue. Not looking to hang her....we have a great working relationship. But hoping there's something that she's missing that we can uncover.

Website is webdesignvalley.com

Thanks.

Krina

Responsive Web design is the approach that suggests that design and development should respond to the user's behavior and environment based on screen size, platform and orientation.