What’s the difference between html and html5?

Started by Black Ninja, March 15, 2012, 08:38:09 AM

Black Ninja

I have seen lots of web designers recommend HTML 5 to develop and design a website.  But what are the new features in HTML 5? And what are the common differences between HTML and HTML5?

anandiphone

HTML 5 is mainly used in developing the mobile applications for smart phones but HTML is not compatible for that.

abbigale265

HTML 5 is an updated version of HTML. It's much similar to HTML. But difference is HTML 5 contains much better support for media such as, an audio and video tag.

AllenSantiago

I think the difference between HTML and HTML5 can be explained by using this link
techsutram.com/2010/09/html-vs-html5.html

theseo

Not much difference html is old version and html5 new.

Thanks.
theseoindiame

lillianabe

HTML 5 is upgraded version of HTML. Its normal logic when company launch new upgraded version it provide better and additional feature & technique.  HTML 5 is much better than HTML like Local Storage, new doctype, the figure element and other elements for structuring the content.

jacobnenssi

HTML is Hypertext markup language which is use for create static webpage.  And HTML5 is new version of HTML. In HTML5 some of new feature is available.

Ien Bell

HTML 5 is an new edition of HTML. It's much just like HTML. But change is HTML 5 contains much better assistance for press such as, an movie and sound tag. :)

clivewhites

HTML5 is extension of basic HTML version. As it is so much improved for the web parts so it makes site loading easy and the quality of user experience has improved a lot.

Ien Bell

in my opinion not very much different HTML is upgraded version of HTML.

kentowin

1. Doctype declaration in Html is too longer where as DOCTYPE declaration in Html5 is very simple.
2. Audio and Video are not part of HTML but Audio and Videos are integral part of HTML5

Davidsmith0143

HTML stands for HyperText Markup Language. It is well-known markup language used to develop web pages. HTML works with all old browsers and HTML5 supported by all new browser. To draw shapes like circle, the rectangle is not possible in HTML. Using HTML5 you can draw shapes like circle, the rectangle.