Feature Request: Config option to limit the number of backups

Started by AlexanderP, April 07, 2012, 01:58:10 PM

AlexanderP

Hi Thomas,
could you please add an option to limit the number of backups.
Best regards from Vienna,
Alexander

Webhelpforums

Hi,

Every time you start Launcher, the "Save" menu options reset meaning default is not to make backup when saving.

I was in doubt about how to best implement this, but with the current system, it is easy to add a new backup (but no automatic backup)
TechSEO360 | MicrosysTools.com  | A1 Sitemap Generator, A1 Website Analyzer etc.

AlexanderP

Hi,
sorry I wasn't clear with my request. Correct every time I change & save the config I create a new backup. Perfect.
There are now 12 backup folders - that's a little to much backup. It would be great if Launcher checks every time I press save how many backups still exists and if the number of backups is more than x The oldest backup will be deleted before a new backup is created.

Webhelpforums

I will consider if I can make a different backup system that is smarter. But I rather have to many backups than to few :)

(Especially since making a backup requires an active action by user.)
TechSEO360 | MicrosysTools.com  | A1 Sitemap Generator, A1 Website Analyzer etc.

scottlosjoy

In the past couple of months I have lost most and today I lost all of my shortcuts (except the one I was adding) when saving after adding a new shortcut.
This is a great opportunity to get some last minute Round Neck Irregular Cutting Gown

Webhelpforums

Update: I believe this issue has been fully resolved in version 2.1