Can't get exclude analysis filters to work with request's parameters

Started by cumulo, December 24, 2012, 12:20:58 AM

cumulo

Hi,

I am trying to download a website (www.example.com). I have manage to do about 95% of the job so far with A1 Website Download.

I have set POST login information and I can download a part of the website but I can't find a way to exclude the "LOGOUT" from the download so I only get a part of the website.

I know I can set it up in "Excluse analysis of internal URLs..." under Analysis filters but the problem is that the website doesn't use a simple www.example.com/logout.php page. It uses the logout as a parameter to any given page...

www.example.com/test1.php?doLogout=true
www.example.com/test2.php?doLogout=true
www.example.com/test3.php?doLogout=true

So i tried putting "doLogout=true" without the quotes of course to have the filter matches relative paths that contain doLogout=true but that doesn't seem to work so I wonder if this is since it's a parameter. I also tried with the quotes just in case. I looked a bit into regex but I don't understand regex right now.

I cannot completly ignore parameters since I need all the other URLs except those doLogout=true.

I'm currently using v4.1.3

Thank you for reading and further more for your support.

Webhelpforums

Notice that you will have to exclude in both output filters and analysis filters to prevent A1WD from making the HTTP request.

Also notice that for exclusions you can either make:

• simple string matches "logout"
  • path matches (what you tried)
  • or more complex regular expression matches

If you still have problems, email your project to support:
http://www.microsystools.com/home/contact.php

Also make sure the login actually works. Unfortunately more and more sites have begun using techniques for login systems that are more complex than "old style" post form logins. (Combining Javascript/Ajax/Serverside validation, and not just e.g. session cookie post form logins.)

htp://www.microsystools.com/products/website-download/help/website-scan-login/
TechSEO360 | MicrosysTools.com  | A1 Sitemap Generator, A1 Website Analyzer etc.

More About Our Webmaster Tools for Windows and Mac

HTML, image, video and hreflang XML sitemap generatorA1 Sitemap Generator

website analysis spider tool for technical SEOA1 Website Analyzer

SEO tools for managing keywords and keyword listsA1 Keyword Research

complete website copier toolA1 Website Download

create custom website search enginesA1 Website Search Engine

scrape data into CSV, SQL and databasesA1 Website Scraper