The Top 10 Twitter SEO Tips

Started by kingage21, June 07, 2011, 07:23:02 AM

kingage21

1. Choose a good handle

Be sure to pick an optimal handle thats relevant to your brand or campaign and easy to remember. Your handle (also known as your Username) then becomes part of your customized Twitter URL such as twitter.com/yoursite or twitter.com/yourtopic. Doing this creates a static address for future search indexing, which also helps usability for other cross-channel promotions. So choose wisely! The fun challenge: doing all this while keeping your name short and succinct so its easily tweetable.

2. Select an account name wisely

Optimize the Twitter account name to best reflect your brand. Your name is what appears next to your profile, which can be different than your handle/URL. You obviously want an account name that promotes yourself, your company or your brand. You should also consider which variation of you brand name has the most search frequency every month.

3. Make your bio count

Optimize your Twitter pages Bio line so it includes the most important, mission-critical phrases for your brand. Take advantage of all 160 characters! (Yep, thats right: They give you 20 more characters than a normal tweet.) Your bio is consistently indexed so its contents are what provide your Twitter page with its core relevance.

4. Spread the word

Now think about ways to build the link reputation of this new found social web address. For example, you can integrate your Twitter URL into your website by placing a call to action on the site for your customers to follow you on Twitter. You could also integrate your Twitter URL within your sites Global Footer, which appears at the bottom of every page of your site. Both of these options offer usability to your site visitors and help drive your Twitter URL up in the search engines.

rakkhi sharma

Good tips. but not enough you should describe some more tips on twitter.

Webhelpforums

Some great tips! I took the liberty to move the thread to "other website promotion strategies" since this is not hardcore SEO as much as SMO. I hope it is okay I moved it :) Would be great with more social media optimization tips here!
TechSEO360 | MicrosysTools.com  | A1 Sitemap Generator, A1 Website Analyzer etc.

noelagnote

Very informative list! Thank you for sharing your ideas on how to effectively conduct the SEO through Social Media, especially on twitter.

alanpointing123

thanks for providing tips about how to tweet  because SMO is very good way promote your site.

Webhelpforums

What methods have you used to get more followers? I link to twitter various places, but I am curious if any of you guys found a particular good call-to-action or link placement? (i.e. if you have actually tested which converted most to become followers)
TechSEO360 | MicrosysTools.com  | A1 Sitemap Generator, A1 Website Analyzer etc.

seo-guy

Your alternative of username is rather important while thinking about an SEO standpoint. Detectably your username should be related to you and your brand. Where ever possible though you must think about if you can utilize one of your key-words in your username. Searches performed alongside your key-word will have a better chance of as well as tweets in the results.
The Game is Over

lyleneil

Submit your articles to article syndications sites with an anchor text of your keyword. This way, you can create powerful inbound links to your twitter profile.It is a good idea to create an account name that is different from your username to make optimum use of keywords and further promote your business.

adammiller

yes these are great tips. must follow these steps

Arleen

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful tips on very important topic. I am glad to see your sharing...

aaricjackson

Here are 10 best SEO tips for twitter and they are: Choose a Twitter handle strategically, Use 301 permanent redirect, SEO Optimize Title of Tweets in Twitter, Follow Related Theme Profiles Only, Use desired keywords in tweet content, Boost your Twitter Profile Page Rank, Use Hashtags in Tweets, Retweet Startegy, Tweet in order to get your article retweeted and Tweet and retweet relevant content timely.
pick other signature...

ykgforum

I will use this tips for twitter account increasing my traffic

davidjack12

Optimize your Twitter pages Bio line so it includes the most important, mission-critical phrases for your brand. Take advantage of all 160 characters! (Yep, thats right: They give you 20 more characters than a normal tweet.) Your bio is consistently indexed so its contents are what provide your Twitter page with its core relevance.

SeattleSEO

alvypetersen

these are really great twitter tips, thanks for the sharing

rosataylor

Really thanks for these tips

*copied to my sticky notes*  8)

peterjack58

You could also integrate your Twitter URL within your sites Global Footer, which appears at the bottom of every page of your site. Both of these options offer usability to your site visitors and help drive your Twitter URL up in the search engines.

RichardOakman

Make sure your tweet's character limits allow for optimal "retweetability." If you want a message to proliferate on Twitter, it's ideal to keep it under 120 characters so your followers can easily add RT @YourHandle in front of the tweet. However, the exact number is different from everyone as it depends on the number of characters needed for someone to include the phrase "RT @yourname" in their re-tweet.

ronaldwalker247

That's a excellent piece of information man!! Never thought about twiiter seo tips... :) A big thanks man

james56

Excellent tips dear. great job and thanks for those.

Jacobdixon

Thats great to work with to get maximum traffic, Thanks for this wonderful efforts

Esther6

Here are the 10 best Twitter SEO tips are as under.

1. Choose a Good Handle.
2. Select an Account Name Wisely.
3. Make Your Bio Count.
4. Spread the Word.
5. Remember Your URL.
6. Select the Initial Characters of Each Tweet Carefully.
7. Write Keyword-Rich Tweets.
8. Mind Your Retweetability.
9. Provide Some Link Love.
10. Give em' What They Want.

thomasgreek12

Your alternative of username is rather important while thinking about an SEO standpoint. Detectably your username should be related to you and your brand. Where ever possible though you must think about if you can utilize one of your key-words in your username. Searches performed alongside your key-word will have a better chance of as well as tweets in the results.

star15

Thanks for giving guidelines about how to twitter  because SMO is very excellent way enhance your website.

tawandamupariwa

jeffersonkane

Now think about ways to build the link reputation of this new found social web address. For example, you can integrate your Twitter URL into your website by placing a call to action on the site for your customers to follow you on Twitter. You could also integrate your Twitter URL within your sites Global Footer, which appears at the bottom of every page of your site. Both of these options offer usability to your site visitors and help drive your Twitter URL up in the search engines.

Marksteve

Twitter is truly a web 2. 0 or public social networking, but there are many restrictions. Tweets has no programs rather than other sites like Facebook or myspace, Friendster and MySpace. It also has no groups, video clips, weblogs, categorized ads, community message boards, marketplace and other unique and popular web 2. 0 selections.

messi

Great info. I'll follow your advice and hopefully my blog will get the SEO benefits from my tweets. Thanks a lot.

AimyThomas

This is outstanding post. Its amazing informative as well as an interesting post to read about Twitter.
Many of people will get good info from this post about Twitter.

jackb

Twitter news! Twitter is soon coming with Twitter Brand Pages to join the Google+ brand page and facebook page bandwagon. At the moment, twitter is allowing twitter brand pages to only chosen and verfied accounts only. But they are soon to unveil this feature for general public.
Stay tweeted @intesolsau

firstservicesnevda

Alex Thompson

It's important to keep in mind that your main Twitter profile, in Google's eyes, is very much like any other page with a headline, body copy, and links. As with any other page, if that content is keyword-rich, it's more likely to be ranked well. Thus keeping your tweets focused lets you keep that copy keyword-dense, giving Google exactly what it wants to see and encouraging it to rank your Twitter page higher than other, less-focused accounts.

Jessicad

Excellent tips. Thank you for sharing such a wonderful tips.

More About Our Webmaster Tools for Windows and Mac

HTML, image, video and hreflang XML sitemap generatorA1 Sitemap Generator

website analysis spider tool for technical SEOA1 Website Analyzer

SEO tools for managing keywords and keyword listsA1 Keyword Research

complete website copier toolA1 Website Download

create custom website search enginesA1 Website Search Engine

scrape data into CSV, SQL and databasesA1 Website Scraper